Art Olympia is a brand new international open art competition kept once in every two years. The main objectives are to discover young talented performers and to support them so that their particular global art careers may grow. Art Olympia will give away an overall total of approximately $500, 000 in money awards and prizes to one hundred and eighty selected artists from all around the planet.
The second Art Olympia need two-dimensional artworks only. This time, photo taking works will be also accepted.
Artworks, submitted from all around the planet, will first be reviewed with regional entry bases and then lastly will be reviewed in Tokyo. Main reviews will be done by using the pictures of artworks and the final evaluation with real artworks. Moreover, the ultimate review will use a point rating program, allowing the public to check the looking at process to ensure fairness and openness.
With an eye to helping young artists, Art Olympia has established Student Category, allowing students to obtain both All-Entrants and Student Types. A panel of jurors, composed of experts from various fields from the international art world, provides aspiring artists with a rare chance to obtain artworks reviewed by art experts other than their fellow countrymen and women.
– Overseas-based jurors –
- Florence Derieux: Curator of United states Art of Centre Pompidou Base
- Brett Littman: Executive Movie director of Drawing Center
- Claire Njami: Writer and independent curator, lecturer, art critic and essayist
- Chu Teh-I: Artist, Movie director of Kuandu Museum of Good Arts, TNUA
- Kara Vander Weg: Director of Gagosian Photo gallery
– Tokyo-based jurors –
- Akiko Endo: Painter, Professor of Musashino Art University
- Toyomi Hoshina: Vice President of Tokyo College of the Arts
- Aomi Okabe: Art critic and curator
- Hiroshi Senju: Artist
- Akira Tatehata: President of Tama Artwork University
– Honours –
- Overall amount of cash and extra prizes: Approx. US$500, 000
- Total number of those who win: Approx. 180 persons
- All-Entrants Category: First prize with US$120, 000 cash prize, one champion
- Student Category: First reward with US$20, 000 cash reward, one winner
- In addition , particular prizes will be awarded by jurors and Art Olympia Executive Panel.
– Schedule –
- Entry time period: From October 1, 2016, in order to March 31, 2017
- Statement of Winners: June 7, 2017
- Exhibition: Toshima Ward Workplace “ Toshima Ecomusee Town” on June 17-25, 2017
The International Open Artwork Competition “ Art Olympia 2017”
Original eTN articles are editorially regulated according to news values, significance, and accuracy, copyright protected, and independent of any advertising and sponsorship carried unless clearly marked otherwise.