An East Texas woman is fresh back from a trip to the bottom of the world. Travel agent Tammy Jones-Deem spent ten days in Antarctica
“It’s like I went to another planet, it felt like,” she said.
She got back from the trip one month ago. It’s summer in Antarctica now, but she made the trip just as the seasons changed. She works as a travel agent and has now been to all seven continents. She took a flight from DFW to Santiago, then another flight to the tip of Argentina, where she boarded a ship through the Drake Passage.
“You can’t help but squeal when you see a whale turn in front of the ship, or when you’re sitting on the ice and a penguin walks up to you.”
She says the weather was great.
“My husband was in Chicago,” she said. “It was colder in Chicago than it was in Antarctica.”
And she did take the plunge into the water. She says it wasn’t as bad as she thought it would be.
“When you get out of that water into the temperate weather,” she said, “it feels kid of balmy.”
She encourages anyone who wants to get out of town to take as many trips as they can.
Copyright 2016 KLTV. All rights reserved.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)