Honolulu’s international airport will be receiving a $1.1 billion upgrade in the form of a new concourse that will provide a new area for international arrivals, along with more gates and passenger capacity.
The Hawaii State Legislature appropriate the funding for this project 2 years ago. Airport officials now need to award a contract to start the planning process with actual construction expected to start in 5 years.
Construction will take place in phases and is anticipated to be completed in 5 years from the time work begins.
The project will include:
According to the Ige administration, the project will consist of:
– A concourse approximately 800,000 square feet that will replace the existing building;
– 12-14 wide-body gates, expandable to 21 gates;
– A 200,000-square-foot Customs and Border Protection facility capable of processing 4,000 arriving passengers an hour;
– Security screening checkpoint and baggage screening facilities for the Transportation Security Administration; and
– A new parking area for airport employees.
Read the full article: https://www.eturbonews.com/177870/new-1-1-billion-concourse-honolulu-airport
Original eTN articles are editorially regulated according to news values, significance, and accuracy, copyright protected, and independent of any advertising and sponsorship carried unless clearly marked otherwise.