News dropped on Wednesday that a special counsel was appointed to investigate the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia, just months after Donald Trump took office and only days after Trump fired the former F.B.I Director James Comey.
But not everybody was so thrilled by the decision. Following the news, Trump took to Twitter, claiming he is the victim of “the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history!”
To help The Donald better understand what’s going on, Stephen Colbert took some time during his monologue on Thursday, explaining exactly how this special counsel was appointed, as well as why the Trump administration should feel concerned about it.
“When a special counsel gets appointed to investigate your administration just four months in, that’s a new high in low.”
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
Click here to read the full article.