More than two years ago LGBT Hawaii suggested to the Hawaii Travel and leisure Authority (HTA) to hire Community Advertising andInsights to conduct research on the potential of LGBT Travel and leisure to the Aloha State.
Today HTA issued four research studies providing comprehensive findings about the profiles, choices and sentiments of LGBT tourists from the United states of america , Canada , China , plus Australia as it relates to the Hawaii Islands.
Two additional research by HTA evaluating LGBT visit Hawaii from Japan and Taiwan are in progress and will be issued over the following couple of months.
Commissioned by HTA’ s Tourism Research Division plus conducted by Community Marketing & Insights, a San Francisco-based company specializing in LGBT consumer research, the particular studies are the first done for the State of Hawaii to analyze LGBT travel to the Hawaiian Islands.
Daniel Nahoopii, HTA Director associated with Tourism Research, noted the research present insightful information that will help The hawaiian islands tourism industry businesses to better know how they can more effectively attract a larger portion of the LGBT travel market.
“ We initiated these research to provide travel industry businesses statewide with both a broader and more accurate base of knowledge as to how they can catch a greater market share of LGBT tourists from our key source markets, ” said Nahoopii. “ These research also confirm that Hawaii travel suppliers can benefit from more targeted advertising, new product offerings, and a greater knowing as to what LGBT travelers are seeking whenever visiting Hawaii. ”
Nahoopii added that the studies show LGBT Era X and Millennial travelers provide the greatest potential for growth, especially through Asia. However , he noted that will, “ Hawaii is not on their want list of preferred travel destinations as well as the attributes of the Islands are not too known to them as they are in order to LGBT Baby Boomers. Increasing awareness regarding Hawaii’ s range of offerings is vital to elevating interest from this young generation of travelers. ”
Marketing products that appeal to LGBT travelers is key to increasing devotion to the Hawaiian Islands. For example , the particular studies found that LGBT tourists would be highly likely to visit The hawaiian islands for an LBGT multi-island cruise or even outdoor adventure week, and they choose nightclubs and bars catering in order to Hawaii’ s LGBT community. Nevertheless , the research showed such a preference will not exist for activities like a supper cruise, catamaran sail, luau, trip, and hikes.
Various marketplace studies estimate that LGBT visit Hawaii can be up to 6 % of total visitors from each Japan and Canada, up to seven percent of total visitors in the U. S. West, and up in order to 9 percent of total guests from the U. S. East.
Noteworthy points from each of the 4 studies on LGBT travel to The hawaiian islands include the following:
- 70% of those surveyed consider Hawaii a good LGBT-friendly destination, but only 27% expressed interest in making a trip to the hawaiian islands in the next two years.
- Hawaii can be competing against sun and browse destinations in Florida and the southern part of California, as well as urban destinations such as San Francisco, Las Vegas and Western European countries.
- The typical LGBT U. T. visitor to Hawaii has a home income of more than $100, 000.
- 71% of LGBT U. T. visitors to Hawaii travel with a partner.
- Only 50% of these surveyed gave Hawaii a positive ranking as an LGBT-friendly destination, indicating extra education is needed about LGBT The hawaiian islands attributes.
- Other destinations that will rank favorably with LGBT Canadians include Vancouver (96%), Los Angeles (79%), Sydney (74%), and Miami/Fort Lauderdale (72%).
- LGBT Canadians are likely to agree that Hawaii provides unique scenery, is a place to rest, and is romantic.
- Hawaii ratings low as a place to easily satisfy other LGBT people, and also reduced for good value.
- An estimated 65 million LGBT Chinese language live in Mainland China and have the purchasing power of $470 billion dollars.
- LGBT Chinese are more likely to reside in urban areas due to economic opportunities and much more tolerant social environments.
- Asia is the top destination for LGBT Chinese language, while Taiwan ranks second.
- Most LGBT Chinese are new international travelers and want to explore destinations of general interest before searching for LGBT options.
- 12% of LGBT Australians journeyed to Hawaii in the past three years. Ca is a main competitor to The hawaiian islands, as 32% of LGBT Australians traveled to northern or the southern part of California.
- LGBT Australians rank Hawaii as a place where the individuals are friendly (68% agree).
- 35% said they would travel to The hawaiian islands for a LGBT Pride Festival (compared to 25% of U. Ersus. visitors).
- The top three journey interests of LGBT Australians are usually interesting cuisine, historical sites plus culture.
More information on LGBT Hawaii go to www.lgbthawaii.com
Original eTN articles are editorially regulated according to news values, significance, and accuracy, copyright protected, and independent of any advertising and sponsorship carried unless clearly marked otherwise.