Green Globe is the first global program for certification and performance improvement designed specifically for the travel and tourism industry. It helps organizations to improve their economic, social and environmental sustainability, rewarding and recognizing them for their work.
For the first time since its opening in 2013, L’Apogée Courchevel has been awarded Green Globe Certification. It is the first hotel in Courchevel and the first 5-star hotel in a mountain resort to acquire this social responsibility recognition. The establishment has thus become the fourth jewel of the Oetker Collection to receive the Green Globe label, alongside Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc, in Cap d’Antibes; Château Saint-Martin & Spa, in Vence; and hotel Le Bristol Paris.
This award testifies to L’Apogée Courchevel’s strong involvement in environmental protection and preservation. This commitment is reflected in the launch of several projects. Actions implemented include raising awareness of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) among all employees and organizing ‘Eco-action’ training sessions. In 2017, the hotel signed a partnership with the ‘Mountain Riders’ association to involve its staff in sustainable mountain development. A partnership project with the ‘Man of the Day’ association is also underway to create pocket ashtrays for hotel guests. Finally, duvet fixer tools have been installed in the rooms to make life easier for staff. The ‘CSR Team’, represented by ‘CSR ambassadors’ and made up of members from each of the hotel’s departments, meets regularly to develop new ideas for sustainable improvements.
The CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) department, created in 2011, is behind all these projects. Managed by Regional CSR Manager Julie Poirot and her team, this department carries out social and environmental actions throughout the year. These allow L’Apogée Courchevel to participate in preserving the environment, ensuring that it can offer its customers excellent service whilst respecting biodiversity and securing Green Globe Certification. The CSR department makes it a point of honor to raise awareness among both customers and staff and, above all, to make Oetker Collection establishments eco-responsible and concerned about the environment.
L’Apogée Courchevel to proud to receive this certification, a reward for all the teams working on a day-to-day level to preserve the world around them.
Oetker Collection is one of the most inspiring selections of masterpiece hotels in the world. The name ‘masterpiece hotels’ includes a pledge; a commitment to provide service of the highest quality, every hour of every day. The pearl as a symbol combines singularity, beauty and quality. The individual pearls bind together to form a unique string of pearls. Each property is one-of-a-kind, reflecting the unique European heritage and sharing the highest levels of service internationally with exceptional and historic architecture & interiors combining with great attention to detail.
Oetker Collection embraces nine luxury hotels:
· L’Apogée Courchevel – a luxury chalet with a warm and family atmosphere offering the most desirable skiing experience at the top of Courchevel 1850 in the French Alps.
· Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa – an iconic grand hotel, amidst a sprawling private park in Baden-Baden, Germany. The historic Villa Stéphanie now offers Europe’s most refined and innovative spa experience.
· Le Bristol Paris – an authentic vibrant French palace completely refurbished, the ultimate reference for Parisian art-de-vivre, ideally located on the prestigious rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré.
· Château Saint-Martin & Spa – a romantic property of excellence nestled in the heart of the French Riviera, boasting breathtaking views over the Mediterranean coastline.
· Eden Rock-St. Barths – a luxurious retreat in St. Barths built on a rocky promontory, surrounded by white sandy beaches, and turquoise sea; French art-de-vivre in the heart of the Caribbean.
· Fregate Island Private – a jewel of conservation featuring lush forest, wild fauna, and overlooking the crystal waters of the Seychelles. Unique on the Planet.
· Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc – a legendary luxury hotel at the center of a scenic private park, where old-world glamour meets modern luxury at the tip of the Cap d’Antibes.
· The Lanesborough – classically British service in a remarkably vibrant and elegant London residence.
· Palácio Tangará – with an exceptional location in the heart of a tropical park, Palácio Tangará São Paulo will open its doors in the second quarter 2017.
For more information: oetkercollection.com
Green Globe is the worldwide sustainability system based on internationally accepted criteria for sustainable operation and management of travel and tourism businesses. Operating under a worldwide license, Green Globe is based in California, USA and is represented in over 83 countries. Green Globe is an Affiliate Member of the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO). For information, please visit greenglobe.com
Click here to read this and other articles on eTurboNews