Camberley man released without charge and no further action taken after incident at Farnborough Travelodge

A man from Camberley has been released without charge and no further action will be taken after the incident in Farnborough on Thursday (August 30).

Up to eight police cars and three ambulances were seen in the centre of the town near to the Sainsbury’s and Travelodge development on Queensmead.

One witness reported that “armed police” had been seen entering the hotel.

A 51-year old man was subsequently arrested on suspicion of an offence under the Malicious Communications Act but has now been released without charge.

Read More

Latest news

  • Police hunt for man after sexual assault

  • Fire in council road sweeper

  • 17-year-old Guildford girl missing

  • Catapult fired at driver on A3

A spokesman for Hampshire Police said: “The 51-year-old man from Camberley arrested on suspicion of an offence under the Malicious Communications Act has been released without charge and no further action will be taken.”

The incident at Travelodge on Victoria Road in Farnborough happened around 3pm on Thursday afternoon.

Ambulance crews attended the scene in support following concerns of the “welfare of the man” however the incident was handled by the police.

A spokesman for the South East Coast Ambulance Service (SECAmb) said: “I can confirm ambulance crews attended the scene in support of police following concerns for the welfare of a man.

“The man wasn’t taken to hospital and the incident was handled by police.”

%d bloggers like this: