Car insurance for first-time drivers
Have you bought your first car? If yes, then congratulations for that, but do you know there are several responsibilities that you would have to take care of, and one responsibility from them is buying car insurance for your first car.
As you are a first-time car owner, I am quite sure that you would not be aware of how to get car insurance and how soon after buying a car do you need insurance? If you are stuck into same questions, then this article is for you, because with the help of this article you would be able to know about all these things and can find the answer for all such questions easily, hence you would be able to find the best car insurance company for your first car.
Non only that, with the help of some tips you would be able to save a lot of money for your first car’s insurance because there are a lot of such companies who offer a high discount to their new customers.
What auto insurance do new drivers need?
As being a first-time car owner, whenever you are going to get your car auto insurance at that time, you should have a look at these factors. With the help of which you would be able to find the best auto insurance for yourself:
1) Ratings of the company- The first thing you should look in an auto insurance company is better ratings and reviews. You should choose the type of car insurance company with the best reviews. For finding one, you can either check a car insurance company based on a reference from someone, or you can easily find a better company by searching it online.
2) Lower prices- The next thing to look for is lower prices. You would be able to find several companies who will offer you car insurance at different rates, and you should try to compare several companies and then find the best option for yourself.
3) Look for discounts- You will find various companies who would be providing you high discounts as you are a first-time driver, this is their technique with the help of which they fetch new customers. But you should not become a prey of it, and you should thoroughly read the terms and conditions and should get an auto insurance quote first, with the help of which you would be able to know about the total price you would have to pay. You can also get even better discounts of the based on some factors such as:
- Good Drivers with a better driving record
- Good students
- Payments in advance
- Non-expired driving license
- New member discount
- Paying with online methods
Plans for new drivers
Let us have a look at some car insurance plans that new drivers would be able to get easily:
– The first thing you should find in a better car insurance plan for your car as a new driver is an accidental forgiveness. This is a type of feature, which very less amount of companies offers, it means that after first claim many car insurance companies higher their rates. But you should try to find such a car insurance company who will not higher their rates after the first claim, and the price rate should be fixed for the entire policy time.
– The next feature you should look for in a car insurance plan is new car replacement. Many new car insurance users have noticed that the insurance companies provide the money to accidental coverage, but they do not offer their users new car replacement. If your car insurance company has this feature then after an accident or crash, you would be able to get a complete car replacement from your car insurance company.
Google News, Bing News, Yahoo News, 200+ publications
– Long-term user- This is a feature with the help of which you would be able to get some extra discount if you stay connected with that car insurance company. You would be eligible for such a feature if you stay connected with a car insurance company for at least five years or more.
– Multi-car insurance discount- The feature you should look for in a car insurance plan is multi-car insurance policy with the help of which if you bought a new car and get its insurance done by the same company. Then you would be able to get a discount for both the vehicles.
How much is car insurance for a new driver?
This thing entirely depends on the type of company you are going for and the number of features you have in the car insurance plan. The price of car insurance depends on various factors such as:
– Featured plan- The first thing which determines the car insurance price is what type of plan you are using. Different plans contain different kind of features in it. Some features are as follows, Multi-car insurance policy, Long-term users, new car replacement scheme, and many more.
– Bad driving record- This is also a significant factor with the help of which you the price of a car insurance plan can be determined. If you have a bad driving record, then you would have to pay higher rates for a normal plan too. In some cases customers with a bad driving record are unable to get a standard car insurance plan, hence, at last, they have had to go for a non-standard car insurance plan which is meant to be used by high-risk drivers.
– The rough price details, of a basic car insurance plan for a new driver, is in between $4,000 up to $8,000 per annum.
How do age and experience affect car insurance rates?
Being a new car owner, you might not be knowing about this factor, but age and driving experience pays a lot of importance in getting you a better car insurance plan rate.
As you have heard about the lousy driving record, those who have a bad experience in driving they would have to pay a higher rate for the same plan that a better driving record user can get for a lower price.
If you are below 25 years or above 75 years of age, then also you would be counted in a high-risk driver, who have to pay a higher car insurance price rate than normal users.
Cheapest car insurance companies for new drivers-
Here is the list of Cheapest car insurance companies for new drivers, have a look at the per annum plans of these companies:
- Allstate car insurance provider offers its services for $8,168 per annum.
- Geico car insurance provider at a price of $4,487 per annum.
- Nationwide car insurance provides for $3,852 per annum.
- USAA car insurance provider for $4,056 per annum.
- Progressive car insurance provider at a price of $10,846 per annum.
- Liberty Mutual car insurance for $7,088 per annum.
How to save on car insurance for new drivers?
Here are some factors with the help of which you can save a lot of your money on car insurance for new drivers:
– Better driving skills- If you have better driving skills and no bad driving record, then you would be able to save a lot of money on car insurance.
– Look for discounts- The next factor to look for is better discounts in your car insurance plan.