Hotelympia, the UK/s most prestigious hospitality and food service event that took place this week, bestowed a clutch of medals on the kitchen brigade from Corinthia Palace Hotel, Malta.
The four-day event includes a competition to award top culinary skills and Corinthia Palace Hotel chefs walked away with a total of 13 medals, including two gold, three silver, and eight bronze medals.
Under Executive Chef Stefan Hogan, the various members of the brigade won medals in a range of categories:
• Table Centre Piece (Mark McBride) – Gold
• Amuse Bouche (Jonathan Zammit) – Gold
• Butcher a Whole Chicken for Saute (Mark Tabone) – Silver
• Avocado Starter (Johan Saliba) – Silver
• Prepare a Best End of Lamb (Mark Tabone) – Bronze
• Tilda Chef Team of the Year (Jonathan Zammit & Mark Tabone) – Bronze
• Master Chef of Great Britain Challenge (Mark Tabone) – Bronze
• Churchill & Potter Grand Prix (Ryan Pisani & Johan Saliba) – Bronze
• Shrimp Starter (Ryan Pisani) – Bronze
• Open Lamb (Jonathan Zammit) – Bronze
• Butcher a Whole Chicken for Saute (Johan Saliba) – Bronze
• Amuse Bouche (Manuel Schembri) – Silver
• Open Lamb (Manuel Schembri) – Bronze
“I am delighted for my team,” said Chef Hogan. “They are amazing results.” The tally of 13 medals at this year’s Hotelympia improves on the eight medals the hotel secured at the last event, in 2016. The fantastic Hotelympia results follow hot on the heels of success on their home turf, when the kitchen brigade secured eight awards at the Malta Kulinarja Cooking and Arts Championships held last month. The chefs competed across a vast range of categories and scored four silver medals and four bronze medals.
Click here to read this and other similar articles on eTurboNews