Culture vultures will have the best time in Malta in 2018 as the Mediterranean island’s historic capital, Valletta, is celebrating being named European Capital of Culture. It is the smallest capital ever to enjoy this accolade.
TravelWireNews Chatroom for Readers (join us)
Part of Malta’s obligations are to have plans that are exceptional for the year and Malta has created a year-long events calendar around the themes of generations, routes, cities, and islands, to showcase the richness and diversity of its culture. Every month the islands will stage a major event. See list below.
Carnival / Photo courtesy of @ViewingMalta.com
Aiming to offer a tranquil backdrop to a frenetic itinerary of cultural sightseeing is the Corinthia Palace Hotel located in San Anton between the top two sights on the island: the historic capital, Valletta, and the former capital, Mdina, the hilltop medieval walled town full of Baroque and Medieval architecture.
Rates are 50% off if guests book between November 23 – 28 and stay between November 23, 2017 and April 30, 2018.
The hotel’s peaceful garden setting, old world charm – it was the first Corinthia hotel to open, in 1968, and is built around a century-old restored villa, now its main dining venue – plus its extensive range of leisure facilities, translate to a relaxing place to stay.
Malta International Fireworks Festival / Photo courtesy of @ViewingMalta.com
The 2018 highlights are:
· January 13-27 – Valletta International Baroque Festival
· January 14-21 – Opening Week
· February 9-1– Carnival
· March 30 – April 29 – Photographic exhibition, ‘European eyes on Japan’
· May 4-6 – Malta Green Festival
· May 28 – June 2 – Malta Fashion Week
· June 7 – Valletta Pageant of the Seas
· June 8 – 17 – Valletta Film Festival
· June 2 – July 14 – Malta International Arts Festival
· August 23-25 – Malta Mediterranean Literature Festival
· September 28 – Science in the city
· October 6 – Notte Bianca (new media)
· November – Malta Book Festival
· December 15 – Closing Spectacle
For details, click here.
Read the full article: https://eturbonews.com/168803/corinthia-palace-hotel-malta-celebrates-valletta-2018-special-half-price-offers