Alaska Air carriers is the best US-based airline, according to a brand new study. Spirit Airlines received the best ranking of the 10 major service providers included in the report.
The particular report is the most comprehensive of its type. Whereas other best/worst airlines listings rely heavily on consumer studies and a narrow set of criteria, ThePointsGuy. com incorporated these 10 goal, wide-ranging factors (weighting in parentheses): airfare (25%), route networks (15%), bag/change fees (10%), cabin ease and comfort (10%), customer satisfaction (10%), frequent hazard programs (10%), on-time arrivals (10%), lost baggage (5%), domestic lounges (3%) and involuntary bumps (2%).
• Alaska Air carriers earned top honors in the regular flyer program category and positioned second in customer satisfaction and on-time arrivals. Its main drawback is really a mediocre route network, but its continuous merger with Virgin America need to improve that situation, especially in well-known markets such as California, New York City plus Washington, D. C.
• United came in second general thanks in large part to its comfy cabins and an abundance of lounges (it rates second in both categories).
• While Virgin The united states placed an impressive third overall, the ranking is choppier than the majority of. On the plus side, Virgin lead the list for cabin comfort also it loses the fewest bags for each passenger of any airline with this list. However , a limited route system (second-worst) and pricey bag/change costs (third-highest) kept Virgin from an increased ranking.
• Nature took the bottom spot on the list because of last-place rankings for cabin comfort and ease, customer satisfaction, frequent flyer perks plus on-time arrivals, plus zero lounges. It earned a top score for less fares, but Spirit didn’ capital t place higher than fifth in any various other department.
• Frontier (second-worst overall) is similar to Spirit. This ranks in the bottom half of every single classification except airfare, where it’ s second-best.
Original eTN articles are editorially regulated according to news values, significance, and accuracy, copyright protected, and independent of any advertising and sponsorship carried unless clearly marked otherwise.