PR Newswire (paid press release):
HAMBURG, Germany, April 3, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Honeywell (NYSE: HON) will be at the Aircraft Interiors Expo to showcase how connectivity impacts the aerospace industry well beyond passengers and the cabin. With thousands of its products on aircraft around the world, and more than 100 years of experience providing satellite communications, mechanics, engines, cockpit technology and more to the aerospace industry, Honeywell is well-positioned to lead the aerospace industry’s Connected Aircraft evolution. The company’s vast connectivity products and service offerings are opening up real-time data utilization in new ways — fueling an aggressive shift of the aviation industry into the digital age.
“The aerospace industry is going through a monumental shift right now. Access to high-speed connectivity brought a revolution for passengers and their experience on a plane, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg,” said Kristin Slyker, vice president, Connected Aircraft, Honeywell Aerospace. “At Honeywell, we know the ultimate impact from connectivity will be felt beyond the cabin, unlocking critical data like weather information, engine usage, maintenance reporting and more that can be better shared and analyzed to help airlines improve efficiency and reduce costs.”
A New Era of Connected Aircraft Solutions
From the cockpit to the cabin, Honeywell provides and is working on a unique suite of Connected Aircraft solutions for airlines, business jets, militaries, helicopters and enthusiast owners that spans satellite components and equipment to software and services. This broad product offering improves and, in some cases, redefines the flying experience:
- Pilots now have more information about the flight environment than ever before. New technologies such as Honeywell’s GoDirect Weather Information Service with real-time weather updates, connected flight management systems, and other connected services deliver increased flight efficiency and improved flight planning while providing pilots with expanded situational awareness for better decision-making. GoDirect Weather Information Service may save airlines from $25,000 to $100,000 per aircraft annually through avoiding hazardous conditions, reducing delays and diversions, lowering anti-ice usage, and decreasing maintenance costs and downtime.
- Before the aircraft lands, maintainers will be able to identify components that will require maintenance or replacement — and ensure spare parts are available and ready for installation when it touches down. Honeywell is improving predictive analysis by wirelessly connecting more mechanical systems. For example, capturing and analyzing aircraft data on usage and wear will enable the connected auxiliary power units, environmental control systems, and wheels and brakes to be inspected more efficiently, undergo more rapid and streamlined maintenance processes, and realize lower costs.
- Passengers now can benefit from truly global, high-speed inflight Wi-Fi. Enabled by the Honeywell JetWave satellite communications system, GX Aviation Ka-band service allows passengers to use their mobile devices while flying over land or oceans with speeds equivalent to their home and office. With 500 deliveries to date and nearly 1,000 upcoming, JetWave is taking in-flight Wi-Fi into the next generation.
- Airlines can now improve operational efficiency as a result of better access to data. Real-time flight planning services help reduce flight time by up to 5 percent while decreasing delays. Honeywell’s GoDirect Fuel Efficiency software collects data from airline IT systems to provide data analysis and reporting, identify operational savings opportunities, optimize fuel usage with as much as 5 percent annual fuel savings, and drive reduced emissions.
The Connected Aircraft delivers safer, faster and more comfortable flights for passengers; reduces workload for pilots and maintainers; and reduces costs and increases ease of ownership for airlines.
If you would like to learn more about Honeywell’s connected aerospace solutions at Aircraft Interiors Expo 2017, Honeywell experts will be available at Booth #2E78 for further information.
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace on the Follow The Aero blog
- Learn more about Honeywell’s connectivity solutions on the website
- Like Honeywell Aerospace on Facebook
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
Honeywell Aerospace products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft, and its turbochargers are used by nearly every automaker and truck manufacturer around the world. The Aerospace business unit develops innovative solutions for more fuel-efficient automobiles and airplanes, more direct and on-time flights, safer flying and runway traffic, along with aircraft engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity services, logistics, and more. The business delivers safer, faster, and more efficient and comfortable transportation-related experiences worldwide. For more information, visit www.honeywell.com or follow us at @Honeywell_Aero and @Honeywell_Turbo.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 software-industrial company that delivers industry specific solutions that include aerospace and automotive products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; and performance materials globally. Our technologies help everything from aircraft, cars, homes and buildings, manufacturing plants, supply chains, and workers become more connected to make our world smarter, safer, and more sustainable. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywell.com/newsroom.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/honeywell-unveils-the-power-of-the-connected-aircraft-at-aircraft-interiors-expo-2017-300432846.html
SOURCE Honeywell Aerospace
Click here to read the full article.