Lombok island in Indonesia has been struck again by another earthquake just a few minutes ago at 04:10:22 UTC, this time in the northeast area of the island.
According to witnesses, the earthquake was felt strongly in east Lombok, as well as in Mataram, the island’s capital, and on the neighboring island of Bali, a popular tourist resort destination.
The island is already recovering from a 7.0 quake earlier this month that killed 460 people on August 5, damaging tens of thousands of homes and forcing several hundred thousands to shelters.
The quake today occurred at a depth of only 7 kilometers (4 miles).
Although shallow quakes are generally more dangerous, there have so far been no reports of damages or injuries.
Google News, Bing News, Yahoo News, 200+ publications
• 6.0 km (3.7 mi) WSW of Belanting, Indonesia
• 21.8 km (13.5 mi) NNW of Labuan Lombok, Indonesia
• 53.9 km (33.4 mi) NE of Praya, Indonesia
• 58.2 km (36.1 mi) ENE of Mataram, Indonesia
• 70.9 km (44.0 mi) NE of Lembar, Indonesia