Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. Frankly and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you are affiliated with this page and would like it removed please contact [email protected]
SOURCE Research and Markets
DUBLIN, Aug 9, 2018 /PRNewswire/ —
The “Medical Tourism Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Country (Costa Rica, Mexico, India, Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore), Competitive Landscape, and Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025″ report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global medical tourism market size is expected to reach USD 131.35 billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 20.24% during the forecast period.
Growing geriatric population coupled with improving accessibility of high-quality and low-cost medical services/procedures are likely to augment the market during the forecast period.
Furthermore, countries such as Thailand, India, and Singapore are home to several tourist attraction spots, which help medical tourists to relax and recover after a medical procedure. This is, thereby, working in favor of the overall market. For instance, in May 2017, Malaysia won the Health and Medical Tourism Destination of the year award by the International Medical Travel Journal.
The medical tourism market is witnessing a high growth due to rising advertising and marketing of medical facilities coupled with increasing government investments in healthcare infrastructure. Apollo Hospital, headquartered in Chennai, India, is located in 60 locations across the nation and has its own health insurance scheme.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Thailand is projected to remain at the forefront of the market during the forecast period. This can be attributed to availability of popular treatments such as cosmetic surgery and dental treatment. Around 37 private hospitals are accredited by JCI in Thailand with excellent service. Availability of low-cost, high-quality services provided by private medical centers is poised to help the market in Thailand thrive
- Singapore is also a prominent medical tourism destination in the global arena due to availability of most advanced diagnostic equipment, an efficient healthcare system with high-quality care, and internationally accredited hospitals
- The market in India is estimated to experience significant growth over the coming years owing to increasing healthcare investments, an array of offerings such as Unani, yoga, meditation, Ayurveda, and Homeopathic treatments. Cardiac surgeries, cosmetic surgeries, orthopedic, dental care, organ transplant, infertility, and surrogacy are some of the popular treatments among medical tourists in India. Patients coming to India are mostly from Afghanistan, the Middle East and Africa, Bhutan, the U.S., Bangladesh, Maldives, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka
- Some of the key players are Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited, Bumrungrad International Hospital, KPJ Healthcare Berhad, Fortis Healthcare, Samitivej Hospital, Raffles Medical Group, and Prince Court Medical Center.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Executive Summary
1.1 Market Snapshot
Chapter 2 Research Methodology
2.1 Information Procurement
2.2 Data Analysis
Chapter 3 Medical Tourism Market:Industry Outlook
3.1 Market Segmentation & Scope
3.1.1 Market driver analysis
126.96.36.199 Limited insurance coverage
188.8.131.52 Cost of treatment
184.108.40.206 Tourism and vacation
3.1.2 Market restraint analysis
220.127.116.11 Geographical proximity
18.104.22.168 Cultural proximity
3.2 Medical Tourism – SWOT Analysis, by Factor (Political & Legal, Economic and Technological)
3.3 Industry Analysis – Porter’s
Chapter 4 Medical Tourism Market: Region/Country Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Medical Tourism Market: Regional Movement analysis
4.2 Costa Rica
4.2.1 Costa Rica medical tourism market, 2014 – 2025 (USD Million)
Chapter 5 Competitive Landscape
- Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited
- Bumrungad International hospital
- KPJ Healthcare Berhad
- Fortis Healthcare
- Raffles Medical Group
- Prince Court Medical Center
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/439hdp/medical_tourism?w=5
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
©2017 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.