Mitsubishi Heavy Industries BrandVoice: Three Reasons Why We Can’t Imagine A World Without Regional Air Travel [Infographic]
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
1. The number of passengers using regional air travel has been on the rise for over a decade and is expected to continue to grow steadily worldwide.
2. In the Asia-Pacific region, rapid urbanization and development means the number of annual air passengers will increase exponentially over the next 20 years.
3. The United States relies heavily on regional aircraft to connect small and midsize cities to major hubs and to one another via point-to-point routes. In fact:
- 44 percent of all U.S. domestic flights use regional aircraft with fewer than 100 seats.
- 96 percent of all U.S. airports schedule some form of regional service.
- 63 percent of U.S. airports use regional air travel as their sole method of service.
How does this usage affect the average carrier, airport or traveler? It demonstrates that regional air travel will continue to be as important as ever.
Today, choices in the regional aircraft market are on the decline, but aircraft such as the Mitsubishi SpaceJet family aim to fill this gap.