No travel advised for southwest Minnesota
But as snow continues to fall conditions are worsening in southwest Minnesota.
That has prompted the Minnesota Department of Transportation to issue no travel advisories in a number of counties because of blizzard conditions and limited visibility.
The no travel advisories include:
Google News, Bing News, Yahoo News, 200+ publications
- Highway 71 from Highway 14 to Redwood Falls
- Highway 67 from Redwood Falls to Morgan
- Highway 271 near Hendricks
- Highway 75 from Ivanhoe to Canby
- Highways 68, 59 and 23 near Marshall, Clarkfield and Hanley Falls
- Highway 19 from Vesta to Fairfax
- Highway 68 from Wabasso to Morgan
No travel advisories also include all of Murray and Pipestone counties and portions of Lyon and Lincoln counties.
Roads are extremely icy and blowing snow is limiting visibility, according to a MnDOT press release.
The National Weather Service has issued a blizzard warning for the majority of southwest and west central Minnesota.
Check www.511mn.org for a listing of all no travel advised areas and current road conditions.