Politics: 'Blah, blah, blah': John Kelly described Elizabeth Warren being an 'arrogant woman' following a heated telephone call on Trump's travel ban
- White House chief of staff John Kelly reportedly wrote a scathing email in regards to a heated telephone call he previously with Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, in accordance with files obtained by BuzzFeed News.
- Kelly was serving as Homeland Security secretary at the proper time, amid the fallout from President Donald Trump’s travel ban, which blocked travelers and refugees from seven majority-Muslim countries, and caused some social visitors to be detained at Logan Airport in Boston.
- Warren demanded information from Kelly about her constituents.
- Kelly reportedly didn’t react to Warren, and denied Warren had tried to create to get hold of with him later.
- “Absolutely most insulting conversation I’ve ever endured with anyone,” Kelly said within an email to a Homeland Security staffer, in accordance with BuzzFeed News. “What an impolite arrogant woman.”
Former Homeland Security secretary John Kelly reportedly wrote a scathing email in regards to a heated telephone call he previously with Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, who he referred to as “an impolite arrogant woman.”
In the February 2017 email, Kelly addressed his telephone call from Warren, who reached out for information regarding a few of her constituents, a congressional source acquainted with the situation thought to BuzzFeed News. Several people, some who had visas, were detained at Logan Airport in Boston following President Donald Trump’s executive order that blocked refugees and travelers from seven majority-Muslim countries.
Google News, Bing News, Yahoo News, 200+ publications
“Absolutely most insulting conversation I’ve ever endured with anyone,” Kelly said within an email to then-senior counselor to Homeland Security Kevin Carroll. “What an impolite arrogant woman.”
Warren, who took part in a demonstration at the airport against Trump’s travel ban, reached out to Kelly and demanded answers concerning the situation personally. For weekly kelly reportedly didn’t react to Warren, and later denied Warren had tried to create to get hold of with him.
“She immediately began insulting our people accusing them of not following court order, abusive and insulting behavior towards those included in the pause, blah, blah, blah,” Kelly added, discussing a temporary restraining order that blocked Trump’s travel ban, in accordance with BuzzFeed News.
Carroll replied to Kelly by suggesting Warren was showboating for a potential presidential run.
“Warren is running for president so early, trying hard too, and chasing bad pitches,” Carroll said reportedly.
In a 5-4 vote, the Supreme Court ruled that Trump had the authority to ban travelers from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Yemen, North Korea, and Venezuela, in the interest of national security.
in July 2018
Kelly was selected to displace Reince Priebus as White House chief of staff.