Premium Pints are a Growing Attraction in Tacoma-Olympia, Washington
Consider staying a night or two when you hop your way around Tacoma and the surrounding area. Visit www.traveltacoma.com for trip-planning inspiration, hotels, an events calendar and more.
The local craft beer industry continues to grow
The number of breweries in Washington state doubled between 2011 and 2016. Many startup brewers and expanding regional breweries are choosing Tacoma-area addresses.
- 7 Seas Brewing crossed the Narrows Bridge to open a location in Tacoma’s revitalized historic brewery district.
- Pacific Brewing and Malting bought American Brewing Company and is moving production into two Tacoma buildings near where Pacific Brewing originally opened in 1897.
- Black Feet Brewing is also joining the historic brewing district, with a brewery and restaurant now under construction.
- Fish Brewing of Olympia will open a new pub and eatery this summer at Point Ruston, Tacoma’s newest destination waterfront community.
- Forward Operating Base Brewing Co. will open soon near Joint Base Lewis-McChord. Founded by an Army veteran, FOB will have a military theme and family-friendly atmosphere.
- Harmon Brewing, the flagship of Tacoma’s craft brewing scene, recently expanded with The Hubin nearby Puyallup.
Tacoma’s brewery scene is easy to sample
The South Sound Craft Crawl passport program maps out two dozen breweries around Tacoma and Olympia. Those who collect stamps from 15 participating brewers earn a 32-ounce growler.
Google News, Bing News, Yahoo News, 200+ publications
Getting to the breweries is part of the fun. In downtown Tacoma, the free Tacoma Link light rail train stops within walking distance of seven craft crawl breweries. It’s also a short walk to a few more locations from a summer trolley that offers scenic transit along the waterfront.
Craft crawl passports are available at Tacoma’s Visitor Information Center, or via download from southsoundcraftcrawl.com.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/premium-pints-are-a-growing-attraction-in-tacoma-olympia-washington-300487285.html
SOURCE Travel Tacoma