The way people pay for travel is reaching a new level of complexity. There are now a host of local players offering e-wallets, currency cards, peer-to-peer exchanges, and credit and debit cards, all hoping to compete with cash. Download this free report now to understand how payments are diverging and how you can take advantage of the new environment as a travel brand.
Where once cash was king, now there is a host of options that are continuing to grow. Localised payment players are springing up so now consumers can access their money more easily and at a lower cost. These players are looking to change the way people pay for goods and services abroad. Currency cards, peer-to-peer currency exchange, mobile wallets, and QR codes are all entering the mix as fintech explodes.
The travel industry needs to get ready for the coming changes and prepare for cash alternatives, which are already dominant in several markets. In China billions of transactions are made every day through e-wallet services WeChat Pay and AliPay, which have the lion’s share of the digital market in the country. However, many travel brands cannot process these mega-apps.
Consumer attitudes and preferred payment methods are rapidly changing and travel brands need to prepare and adapt as a more localised payment strategy can reap revenue gains. Read this white paper to understand how technology is transforming the travel payments landscape, what lies on the horizon, and how your business can take advantage of these innovations.
Use this report to:
- Understand how payment preferences are changing and why.
- See what methods are replacing cash.
- Discover which markets are being transformed fastest.
- Prepare for the changes to the payment landscape and understand when to adopt a new payment method.
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of emerging payment means.
- See how other brands are tackling the challenge of payments.
This report features comment and insight from:
- Daniel Greaves | Senior Manager, Marketing, Payments | Amadeus IT
- David Nunn | Head of Braintree Europe
- Richard Cole | Chief Marketing Officer | Caxton FX
- Shachar Bialick | Founder and Chief Executive | Curve
- Jorge Rodriguez | Marketing and E-commerce Manager | easyHotel
- Edward Chandler | CCO | eNett International
- Peter Quinn | Payments and Revenue Systems Lead | Eurostar
- Ian Strafford Taylor | Chief Executive | FairFX
- Paul Van Alfen | Global Head of Airlines and Travel | Ingenico ePayment
- Anouska Ladds | European Head of Airlines, Hotels and OTAs | Mastercard
- Ben Jackson | Director of Mercator Advisory Group’s Pre-paid Advisory | Mercator Advisory Group
- Alex Fitzpatrick | Head of Global Payments | Travelport
- Ovidiu Olea | Founder and Chief Executive | Valoot
- Thomas Helldorf | VP for Airlines and Travel | Worldpay