Secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council Ali Shamkhani says that US President Donald Trump’s recent anti-Tehran remarks are absolutely false and baseless.
“These claims are completely baseless and are by no means true. The global community will not believe these claims,” said Shamkhani on Saturday during an interview with a Russian newspaper.
During a last week visit to Saudi Arabia, Trump called on all nations to work towards isolating Iran. He further accused Tehran of stoking the fires of sectarian conflict and terror.
Noting that Trump made his first trip to a foreign country as president to a nation which is known for supporting terrorism, Shamkhani stressed that Iran itself is a victim of terrorism.
“Iran has been battling with terrorism for around 40 years. Thousands of people have been killed during the battle. The Americans only found out what terrorism is after September 11,” he added.
The September 11 attacks were a series of strikes in the US which killed nearly 3,000 people and caused about $10 billion worth of property and infrastructure damage. Of the 19 hijackers who allegedly carried out the 9/11 attacks, 15 were Saudi nationals and available evidence suggests some of them were linked to high-ranking Saudi officials.
Underlining Iran and Russia’s efforts to solve the crisis in Syria, Shamkhani stressed that Saudi Arabia and Wahhabism are the main sources of terrorism.
Wahhabism is the radical ideology dominating Saudi Arabia, freely preached by government-backed clerics there, and inspiring terrorists worldwide. Daesh and other Takfiri terror groups use the ideology to declare people of other faiths as “infidels” and then kill them.
Click here to read the full article.