PR Newswire (paid press release):
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla., April 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — An increase in terrorist attacks in popular destinations has led to concern among travelers visiting these locations. Over the past three years, the number of travel insurance policies purchased with Terrorism coverage has nearly quadrupled, according to sales data from leading travel insurance comparison site, Squaremouth.
More Than 1 in 10 Travelers Search for Terrorism Coverage
TravelWireNews Chatroom for Readers (join us)
The number of travelers searching for Terrorism coverage on Squaremouth.com has increased each year since 2012.
- In the past three years, the number of customers who have specifically searched for and purchased a policy with Terrorism coverage has increased by 280%
- In the past year alone, that number has increased by 165%
U.S. Residents Show Concern When Traveling to Popular Destinations
American travelers with trips planned to Squaremouth’s top 10 destinations have shown heightened interest in Terrorism coverage over the past three years.
3-Year Growth Percentage of Travelers Buying Terrorism Coverage for Top 10 Destinations
- United States (268%)
- Mexico (364%)
- Italy (242%)
- Canada (313%)
- United Kingdom (344%)
- France (351%)
- Spain (470%)
- Bahamas (290%)
- Germany (506%)
- Israel (149%)
Travelers Going to Europe Show Highest Concern
- Over the past three years, the number of U.S. travelers searching for Terrorism coverage when buying insurance for trips to top European destinations increased by 332%
- With a 506% increase, American travelers going to Germany were the most concerned
When Are Travelers Covered by the Terrorism Benefit?
The Terrorism benefit provides cancellation coverage if a traveler is unable to take their trip due to a terrorist attack at their destination.
In order for a traveler to be covered to cancel a trip due to terrorism, the attack must meet the following requirements:
- It must be deemed an act of terrorism by the U.S. Department of State
- It must be within 7-30 days of the traveler’s departure date, depending on the policy
- It must occur in or near a city listed on the traveler’s itinerary
- The traveler must have purchased their policy prior to the attack
Squaremouth compares travel insurance policies from every major travel insurance provider in the United States. Using Squaremouth’s comparison engine and third-party customer reviews, travelers can research and compare insurance products side-by-side. More information can be found at www.squaremouth.com
Available Topic Expert:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/travel-insurance-trend-report-interest-in-terrorism-coverage-reaches-all-time-high-300439887.html
Click here to read the full article.