British Tourism & Take a trip Show – the leading annual occasion for the UK and Ireland’ s i9000 multi-billion pound domestic tourism market – is expected to attract a large number of tour operators, travel organisers plus agencies when it opens at the NEC Birmingham this week, on 22-23 03.
“ We’ ve got over 60 new exhibitors at the show for 2017, because diverse as the ArcelorMittal Orbit, the particular Emmerdale Tour, Destination Film, as well as the World of Beatrix Potter, ” says British Tourism & Traveling Show’ s group event movie director David Maguire.
“ We’ ve also revamped the particular Meeting Planner, enabling visitors to strategy their time more effectively. We’ ve listened to the feedback and produced some big investments to make it one of the most up-to-date and slickest meeting advisor you can have.
“ The particular show’ s Keynote Theatre is definitely a big draw and we’ ve got some really strong audio speakers again this year – from Julia Bradbury and Benjamin Mee in order to TripAdvisor and Travelzoo, which is currently generating such a buzz. Plus, naturally , unmissable panel discussions hosted from the Tourism Society, TravelGBI, The Organization of Group Travel Organisers plus Hudson’ s Heritage.
“ We’ ve got the greatest number of exhibitors, the most visitors, and are the only two-day event focused on domestic tourism. The stage is placed for another fantastic event, which connects the whole industry. We can’ to wait to welcome everyone towards the show this week, ” he says.
Big name Keynotes
This year’ s extensive totally free seminar line-up features a host associated with big name speakers discussing the key problems, opportunities and hot topics dealing with the domestic tourism sector nowadays.
Wednesday 22 03
• TravelGBI’ h panel discussion: featuring George Clode, editor of TravelGBI; Tina Cost, TP Tourism Consultants; Chris Coillet, Rabbies Tours; & Helena Facial beard, China Travel Outbound
• The evolution of TripAdvisor: Leanne Thompson, UK important account manager at TripAdvisor
• Overcoming the unexpected: Benjamin Mee – inspiration for your Hollywood film We Bought a Tierpark, author and zookeeper at Dartmoor Zoo
• The particular Tourism Society’ s Question Period panel: featuring Bernard Donoghue FTS, director of Association of Top Visitor Attractions (ALVA); Manon Antoniazzi, director of culture, sport plus tourism at the Welsh Government; Lynne Raeside, head of business matters at VisitScotland; Peter Nash, mind of strategy development & information at Tourism Ireland; & Anthony Pickles, head of tourism matters at VisitBritain
• Overcoming the disruption in UNITED KINGDOM travel: Alexander Gö ransson, prospect analyst – services & obligations at Euromonitor International
Thursday 23 March
• The Association of Team Travel Organisers Question Time board – the changing face associated with group travel: featuring Mike Bugsgang, chief executive of AGTO, group take a trip organiser Yasmin Choudhury; Siobhan Harrison, travel trade manager at British Heritage; Pauline Johnson, group take a trip organiser and Chair of AGTO Central Branch; & Sam Sciortino, commercial team leader of Towergate Insurance
• Correct package, right deal, right individual, right time: Joel Brandon-Bravo, UNITED KINGDOM MD of Travelzoo
• TV presenter Julia Bradbury
• Hudson’ h Heritage panel – get in the particular frame: featuring Sarah Greenwood, author of Hudson’ s Historic Homes & Gardens; Harvey Edgington, Nationwide Trust Location Unit (BBC’ ersus Wolf Hall); Heather Carter, Blenheim Palace (The BFG), Jacqueline Baird, NT Castle Ward in North Ireland (HBO’ s Game associated with Thrones); Caroline Lowsley-Williams, Chavenage (BBC’ s Poldark); and Daniel Watkins, Alnwick Castle (Harry Potter movies and ITV’ s Downton Abbey)
“ When I’ m filming, I try and observe travel from the viewer’ s viewpoint – the customer in your business, therefore i hope the audience is interested by some of the stories about how tv works, and some of the quirky stuff that can happen on location, ” states Julia Bradbury, speaking ahead of the girl session. “ I’ m likely to be talking about my travels all over the world, how I got into TV, and our first big break. But our main focus will be the UK as well as the incredibly diverse and beautiful scenery we have on our doorstep. ”
Over 260 exhibitors
From its vibrant cities plus historic towns to beautiful country and rugged coastlines, the UK plus Ireland’ s tourism product continues to be called ‘ the envy from the world’. And British Tourism & Travel Show’ s eclectic menus of exhibitors for 2017 – including over 260 leading website visitor attractions, venues, destinations, hotels, transportation providers, associations and DMOs presenting the best of England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales – certainly provides plenty of choice.
“ British Tourism & Travel Display is the only place where you can discover all that the UK and Ireland provides in one place. The atmosphere is excellent and we can really do business here, ” says Hudson’ s director Dorothy Greenwood.