It’week for executive appointments in travel s been another busy, in the hotel industry particularly.
This week Velas Resorts announced the business is opening its first U.S. sales office, located in Southern California, to take care of all incentive and meeting bookings because of its properties in Los Cabos, Vallarta Nayarit and Riviera Maya. Leading the team will undoubtedly be Cynthia Kunz as global sales director – meetings and incentives. To joining Velas Resorts prior, Kunz lately served at sales vice president and partner of Incentive Travel Solutions. Also this week the business appointed Geraldine Zaragoza because the hotel manager of Casa Velas in Puerto Vallarta.
TravelWireNews Chatroom for Readers (join us)
In other hotel news this week, hotel management company Spire Hospitality named Dawna Comeaux its new senior vice president. In her latest position as executive vice president of operations and sales for Pillar Hotels and Resorts, Comeaux led a united team representing all major hotel brands, including 250 hotels across 40 states with an increase of than 8,000 associates.
Also, Dream Hotel Group appointed Jeff Donnelly as its new vice president of development. Donnelly brings a decade of hospitality experience to Dream Hotel Group nearly. He lately served as principal partner and founder of JD Advisors, a consultancy he formed to service developers, capital hotel and groups operators in new hospitality ventures. He caused SBE Entertainment also.
Finally, several individual properties made new leadership appointments this week:
- Johanna Philipps was named director of sales and marketing at Rosewood Sand Hill.
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach named Farzanah Johnson director of national accounts.
- Kimpton Marlowe appointed Jamie Mantegazza as its new hotel manager.
- Kempinski Hotel Bahia appointed Axel Bethke as its new general manager.
- Kokua Hospitality named Candice Cancino general manager at Carmel Mission Inn.
- Jamie Choi was named the brand new director of sales and marketing at Hilton Waikiki Beach.
- Paradisus by Meliá announced the appointment of Jaime Piedras as general manager of the soon-to-debut Grand Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real.
- Brown’s Hotel, a Rocco Forte Hotel in London, announced the return of Stuart Johnson, was appointed managing director of the hotel.
- Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia hired Patrick Brophy as its new general manager.